We welcome School groups to Nutcote, introducing students to the works of May Gibbs and foster a love of Australian art and literature. Please book before attending via our Group Booking Form.
Home to the Gumnut Babies - Stages 1/2/3
Students will learn about the famous Australian writer and illustrator, May Gibbs who lived and worked in Neutral Bay, Sydney during the 20's. Students will be guided through her house and garderns as well as encouraged to engage with their own stories through writing and drawing. Each excursion is catered to the year group and their stage.
Duration: 2 hours
Key excursion themes:
- May Gibbs and her impact on Australia
- Aspects of the past that are still visible today
- How life has changed since the 1920's
- Story writing and storytelling
- Be guided through the historical house of May Gibbs and experience history first hand
- Understand and compare Sydney in the 1920's with their own lives
- Create their own stories
- Explore the impact May Gibbs had on Australian identity
We have provided downloadable PDF documents for printing to allow Teachers to have guidence before and during the visit to our premises.